JUDGE DREDD: BAD MOTHER
Pages 1 and 2 combined would make a good spread, if desired.
1. Big shot. The ten personalities carrying luggage and waving to us as they board a swish hovership. Dotted around this in circular insets are headshots of the ten, each with a little caption underneath giving their names. The personalities are lookalikes - or look-similars - of those named below. You can draw them in the order I’ve given them, or jumble them up, one male then one female etc.
1. Chris Evans Juve favourite Kris Gitt
2. Paul Gascoigne Sporting legend Giz ‘Gizza’ Gizzachip
3. Alan Titchmarsh Green-fingered guru Alan Greenfly
4. Wm Hague City councillor Wilmer Fudd
5. Jamie Oliver (naked chef) Juve chef Jammy Geezer
6. Carol Voordeman Brainy belle Coral Noodleman
7. Posh Spice Pop CandyGirl Lolly Pophead
8. Ivana Trump Galloping socialite Ivana Goldfinger
9. Melinda Messenger Buxom beauty Melinda Mercury
10. That fat woman from Emmerdale who does Soap star Emma Dale
You’ve Been Framed.
CAPTION(above): We invited ten irritating personalities on an all-expenses-paid trip to the world’s most fabulous resort!
2. The ship has landed in a grim PRISON CAMP in the Cursed Earth - high walls, robot manned guntowers, razor wire, laser defences, accommodation block in the middle, cameras everywhere, lots of loudspeakers. The passengers - carrying luggage - have stepped out of the hovership and stare at the walls and guntowers with trepidation. You might need two pics to bring this over - a longish, fairly small view from POV of one of the robots in the guntowers (they could look vaguely like work farm guards in the likes of Cool Hand Luke), and a bigger shot focusing on the passengers’ reaction as they stare at the walls. They’re in the middle of the compound, in front of the camp commandant’s hut (remember Bridge on the River Kwai). Jammy, by the way, is naked from the waist up, has rings through pierced nipples, a zip fastener across chest, that sort of thing.
CAPTION: What we didn’t tell them was we were LYING!
CAPTION: They were being taken to a DEATH CAMP at a top secret location -- and only ONE of them would leave there ALIVE!
TITLE: BAD MOTHER
WILMER: I SAY!
Big heading, across page:
Ten top personalities - one survivor - you decide!
1. All heads turn. Tapping her swagger stick in her palm, the imposing figure of BAD MOTHER - an 8-foot tall camp commandant in the Rosa Klebbs mould - steps onto the verandah of the commandant’s hut. She wears severe jacket and skirt, stretched tight over her bulging body, and a nazi-type cap - or do her more like the Jap commandant in River Kwai. SHE’S ARMED TO THE TEETH WITH EVERY KIND OF WEAPON - mounted rockets, a whip, bandoliers of ammo, several holstered guns of all types, grenades, crossbow, sword, spear gun, torture devices like pliers, blowtorch, drill, chainsaw arm - go to town. A poisonous snake could be curling round her. She’s a robot, the kind of thing Kev O’Neill might draw. You could give her a monocle or a patch if you like. She’s flanked by armed robot guards. I see this as a fairly long shot, slightly side on, to give us a general impression of the layout.
BAD MOTHER: WELCOME TO BAD MOTHER CAMP! I AM BAD MOTHER!
2. In fg the personalities look up at the sky with trepidation. The camp is enclosed in a huge DOME, which is closing. The dome looks like a normal sky underneath (like in The Trueman Story), so contrast a grey, ominous sky (lightning streaks?) with a bright sunny sky outside.
BAD M (off): THE BAD MOTHER DOME IS NOW CLOSING! YOU ARE TOTALLY CUT OFF, TOTALLY AT MY MERCY!
LINK: UNHAPPILY FOR YOU, BAD MOTHER HAS NO MERCY!
3. Big on Bad Mother, front on, drawing two hand-held gattling-gun-type pistols.
BAD M: YOU TEN PERSONALITIES HAVE BEEN CHOSEN TO TAKE PART IN A UNIQUE KIND OF GAME SHOW! THE RULES ARE SIMPLE! EACH WEEK YOU WILL NOMINATE TWO OF YOUR NUMBER FOR ELIMINATION --
LINK: THE VIEWERS WILL THEN VOTE, WHICH ONE SHOULD BE PUT TO DEATH!
BAD M (Below): ALL EXECUTIONS WILL BE CARRIED OUT BY MY BAD SELF, IN A VARIETY OF INTERESTING WAYS! AT THE END OF THE GAME, ONLY ONE OF YOU WILL REMAIN ALIVE!
LINK: WHICH OF YOU DO THE VIEWERS HATE THE LEAST? WHO WILL SURVIVE BAD MOTHER?
4. Narrow. Indignant Ivana raises mobile phone to her face. Behind her we glimpse Emma.
BAD M (Off): TO CONVINCE YOU OF MY SINCERITY, I WILL CARRY OUT THE FIRST EXECUTION RIGHT NOW!
EMMA: EE, BIT RUM THIS!
IVANA: I NEVER HAF TAKEN ZIS BOOKING. I AM CALLING MY AGENT!
5. Split. Bad mother’s guns spit furiously - FUDDA FUDDA FUDDA FUDDA FUDDA - Ivana is blown away in a welter of blood - aaaahhhHHHHH!
6. They bend over dead Ivana, smoke rising from deep blast craters on her body. They’re shocked as they look towards, in close fg, the smoking guns of Bad M.
EMMA: BLOW ME!
KRIS: TH-THIS IS FOR REAL!
1. Gizza sits in the chair in the booth where they talk to Bad Mother. NO, instead of the booth they have to appear under guard, at attention, in front of the commandant - Bad Mother, sitting at her desk in her hut, like River Kwai. This in a TV shaped border.
CAPTION: THE PIRATE BROADCASTS WERE AN INSTANT HIT WITH MEGA-CITY VIEWERS -
GIZZA(jag): I NOMINATE EMMA, ‘COS I DON’T THINK SHE’S HAPPY HERE AN’ SHE’D BE BETTER OFF DEAD, LIKE, AND, UH, ALAN, ‘COS, WELL, HE’S USED TO THE SOIL SO HE PROB’LY WOULDN’T MIND BEIN’ BURIED.
2. A screen shot, split to show two mugshots - MELINDA and JAMMY - with the relevant numbers alongside each (see below).
CAPTION: CALLS WERE DIRECTED TO A PREMIUM NUMBER IN THE MONGOLIAN ISOLATION ZONE. JUSTICE DEPT HAD MADE STRONG REPRESENTATIONS TO THE MONGOLIANS. THE MONGOLIANS - NEVER CO-OPERATIVE AT THE BEST OF TIMES - HAD YET TO RESPOND.
CAPTION: IT WAS A FAIR ASSUMPTION, HOWEVER, THAT SOMEONE NOT FAR REMOVED FROM THE PRESIDENT’S OFFICE WAS GETTING A HEFTY KICKBACK.
JAG: IF YOU WANT MELINDA TO BE RIPPED APART BY WILD BEASTS, CALL BAD MOTHER ON MONGOLIA 020201.
JAG: IF YOU WANT JAMMY TO BE RIPPED APART BY WILD BEASTS, CALL BAD MOTHER ON MONGOLIA 020202.
3. The door from accommodation into the compound is open, the others are forcing Jammy out with feet and hands and brooms as Jammy tries to resist, clutching the door frame. This in bg. In fg in the compound ferocious beasts (mutant animals with huge jaws, a bit like the cartoon Tasmanian Devil), eager to be at Jammy, are straining at their leads (held by BAD MOTHER).
JAMMY: I ‘ATE YOU LOT - !
4. Bad Mother stands watching, head back, roaring with laughter as the beasts rip Jammy apart.
FX: Graawww Snarl ripppp AAHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
5. External, the Hall of Justice, day.
CAPTION: AT 50 CREDS A CALL AND ESTIMATED 30 MILLION CALLS PER SHOW, IT DIDN’T TAKE CORAL NOODLEMAN TO WORK OUT THE POWERS BEHIND BAD MOTHER WERE MAKING A SOLID RETURN.
BLN: FOUR WEEKS, FIVE DEAD SO FAR.
6. Chief Judge Hershey’s office. She’s speaking to an elderly judge, bringing up shots of the executions on her big wall screen.
CAPTION: CHIEF JUDGE HERSHEY’S OFFICE -
CJ: GOLDFINGER, GUNNED DOWN - GEEZER, TORN APART - DALE, DECAPITATED - FUDD, SLOWLY ROASTED ON A SPIT - MERCURY, EATEN ALIVE BY MAGGOTS...
LINK: WE’VE LODGED A COMPLAINT WITH THE INTERNATIONAL COURT, BUT BY THE TIME THE CASE IS HEARD THE SHOW WILL BE LONG OVER. SHORT OF WAR, OUR ONLY OPTION IS TO FIND BAD MOTHER CAMP.
LINK: UP TILL NOW ALL OUR EFFORTS HAVE FAILED.
7. Looking past silhouetted Hershey (partial view only) toward the screen, concentrating on the last execution, rad maggots crawling from every pore. Give us a close up on this, one or two of the wriggling maggots enlarged in a circular inset. They have a distinctive polka dot pattern.
HERSHEY: YESTERDAY’S SHOW FINALLY GAVE US OUR BREAK. THAT’S THE MAGGOT OF THE TWELVE-SPOT RAD FLY, A SPECIES FOUND ONLY IN THE SOUTHERN EXTREME OF THE MONGOLIAN WASTES. WE KNOW WHERE TO LOOK NOW.
1. Night. A mega-city hovership skims low over the mongolian wastes, a chink of light as a hatch opens, a ramp slides down, and Dredd rides off. Long shot.
CAPTION: STRATO-CAMS HAD FAILED TO LOCATE THE CAMP. THAT NIGHT, GROUND SEARCH UNITS WERE DROPPED IN UNDER COVER OF DARKNESS.
2. Close on Dredd, a circular inset on above pic. Show Dredd’s name on his badge in close fg.
CAPTION: THEIR INSTRUCTIONS - TO LOCATE BAD MOTHER CAMP, THEN CALL IN SUPPORT.
3. Morning. Sleepy Coral comes out of barracks, yawning. Close, narrow. The barracks, when we see them, are like POW camp barracks, with separate (or joint, if you like) dorm(s) with metal bunk beds, and a separate dining area. Cameras mounted everywhere.
CAPTION(on screen): DAY 30, 7.15 am…
JAG: CORAL IS FIRST UP.
PAGE 4 Contd…
4. Coral turns, sees what’s described below, covers mouth, unsure whether to laugh or scream. Take your angle, say from Kris’s lolling head, outstretched arms in fg so we’re spared too much gore.
JAG: DURING THE NIGHT BAD MOTHER HAS NAILED KRIS TO THE BARRACK WALL AND EVISCERATED HIM.
CORAL: Oh. Oh my. Ha ha.
5. All the others, wakened from their beds, taking in the sight of Kris nailed to the wall. Things haven’t been easy for them, they’re worked hard and treated like POWs.
JAG: KRIS HAS BROKEN NO RULES. BAD MOTHER HAS SIMPLY HAD ENOUGH OF HIM. EVEN BAD MOTHER HAS HER LIMITS.
ALAN: WHAT YOU COULD DO - AND THIS MIGHT NOT SUIT EVERYONE - IS GROW A NICE CLEMATIS UP HIM.
6. A little later. Lolly, standing in front of Kris, strums a guitar and sings a song. Behind her Coral and Gizza pose with Kris, Gizza making a joke of putting a lager can to Kris’s mouth (I know you’ll handle this all tastefully, Cam) while Alan takes their picture with a camera. Bleeding into this or inset on it, bottom right, is a headshot of a robot psychiatrist (‘ROBOSHRINK’).
LOLLY(Music): GONNA SING YOU A SONG ‘BOUT A GITT CALLED KRIS,
NOT THE KINDA GUY THAT YOU’D EVER WANNA KISS -
SHRINK: BY NOW THE REMAINING PERSONALITIES HAVE BECOME NUMBED TO DEATH, EVEN GOING SO FAR AS TO TREAT IT AS A JOKE.
LINK: A TYPICAL SURVIVAL MECHANISM. WERE THEY TO CONFRONT THE TRUE HORROR OF THEIR SITUATION THEY WOULD SURELY GO STARK, STARING MAD.
7. Dawn. Mid-distance. DREDD scans the wastelands with mini-binoculars. He’s on the crest of a hill, his bike parked a little way below him.
8. Back down at his bike Dredd checks map which has been sitting on his bike saddle. He’s puzzled. Close shot.
DREDD(TH): IF THERE WAS A STRUCTURE LARGE ENOUGH TO HOUSE THE CAMP, YOU’D THINK STRATO-CAMS WOULD HAVE SPOTTED IT. IT’S GOT TO BE UNDERGROUND.
LINK(TH): HMM, THAT’S ODD…
9. Long shot. The ‘hill’ is the DOME, disguised to look like normal terrain - fake rocks, bushes, trees etc. It should seem just a little too regular and dome-shaped amid the wasted countryside.
DREDD(TH): THIS HILL DOESN’T APPEAR ON THE CHART.
1. Producers of Bad Mother sit in their dark control room, multi-screens in front of them. Some screens show views of what’s going on inside the camp. Others show views of the outside of the dome and surrounding countryside, taken by concealed cameras. The main screen in front of them shows progressive enlargements of Dredd, riding down the hill and examining the ground as he goes. There are two producers - a cross between the Satan Bros and drugged-out, shade-wearing Hollywood slickos. We’ll call them the SLICKS.
SLICK: COULD BE A PROBLEM.
2. Back outside Dredd - still riding - is following a crack in the ground, running down the hill - a clearly-defined, sharp crack caused by the opening of the dome. Picture an orange sliced in half - it opens like that, the complete hemispheres parting.
DREDD(TH): THAT’S NO ORDINARY FAULT LINE -- TOO SHARP, REGULAR…GOT TO BE MAN-MADE…
3. Back in to the control room the multi-screens have resolved into one big screen, showing only Dredd riding, examining a fault line. Zonked out Slick 2’s sickly-smiling face in close fg as he pushes a big lever.
SLICK 2: NO PROBLEM.
4. Close on Dredd, riding downhill. The ground QUAKES. The dome parts, a crevasse maybe three feet wide and growing, the ground sliding away from under him. Rising ground to his free side stops him escaping, the bike is beginning to run out of solid ground.
LINK: DROKK, THAT’S NO QUAKE - !
5. The bike goes toppling down, Dredd falling after it, reaching out, grabbing hold of the dome lip as he goes past.
DREDD(th): I’VE FOUND BAD MOTHER CAMP!
6. Below, the surviving personalities see Dredd’s bike hitting the compound and Dredd swinging on the lip of the opening dome.
DREDD(TH): WITHOUT THE BIKE RADIO I CAN’T CALL IN SUPPORT!
LOLLY: A JUDGE! WE’RE SAVED!
1. Dredd looks round. The two halves of the dome are closing again.
DREDD: CLOSING UP AGAIN! IT’LL TAKE MY HANDS OFF - !
2. From control room, multi-images on screens. I’m sure you can arrange them so they read in order.
Headshot, Dredd, dropping -
DREDD (JAG): GOTTA GO!
The personalities looking up, watching Dredd falling through the air.
CORAL(JAG): HE’S FALLING!
ALAN (JAG): FLIPPIN’ ‘ECK!
Dredd heading for the roof of the barrack building.
3. External. As the personalities AND Bad Mother watch, Dredd plunges - flat out - through the roof of the barrack. FX: WHAMMMMMMMM
LOLLY: OH DEAR! WE’RE NOT SAVED!
4. Big shot, as if being shown on TV screens. Inside the dining area Dredd has come crashing through the roof, and lies on part of it, which has caved in under him, breaking his fall (it’s corrugated plasteen). He’s alive, groaning, semi-conscious as the personalities gather round to examine him. Bad Mother’s whip cracks over them - crakk-kkk! - catching Coral, making her jerk, as Bad M comes sweeping in. Armed robot henchmen are with her.
JAG: WITH KRIS UNEXPECTEDLY ELIMINATED, BAD MOTHER BRINGS IN A REPLACEMENT.
GIZZA(JAG): IT’S JUDGE DREDD!
LOLLY(JAG): HE’S ALIVE! THE ROOF BROKE HIS FALL!
BAD M: STAND ASIDE!
5. It’s being shown on the CJ’s screen, in fact, as we pull back to see. On screen Bad M points imperiously as her robots strip semi-conscious Dredd of weapons and shackle him, wrists and feet.
BAD M (JAG): HE IS DANGEROUS! KEEP HIM IN SHACKLES UNTIL HIS TIME COMES - SHOULD HE BE CHOSEN!
BAD M (JAG): NEXT ELIMINATION WILL BE BY HAND-TO-HAND COMBAT! BE ASSURED, BAD MOTHER WILL TAKE HER TIME ON YOU, AS YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE! SHE WILL SEE TO IT YOUR DEATH IS SLOW AND PAINFUL --
LINK: -- SO SLOW AND PAINFUL, IN FACT, THAT SHE’LL BE RUNNING IT AS A TWO-HOUR SPECIAL! HA HA HA HA HA
CJ: THIS IS THE WORST POSSIBLE OUTCOME.
1. Narrow caption frame, top left. Don’t inset it on 2, keep it separate.
CAPTION: THE CAMP MUST BE WITHIN THREE HOURS’ RIDE OF DREDD’S LAST REPORTED POSITION - BUT AN INCREASE IN MONGOLIAN PATROLS MADE AERIAL RECONNAISSANCE IMPOSSIBLE. UNTIL GROUND UNITS COULD LOCATE THE CAMP, JUSTICE DEPT HAD TO WATCH IN HELPLESS FRUSTRATION.
2. TV screen shot. Dredd hobbles across the barrack room floor to confront the others, hands chained together, ankles too. His left arm is splinted, his jacket is open to reveal a bandage round his ribs, there’s a big plaster on a cut on his neck, his jaw is swollen etc. Coral answers his accusation, Alan makes the last comment.
CAPTION(on screen): DAY 32, 11.01 am…
JAG: JOE FINALLY SHOWS HIS FACE IN THE GROUP MEETING ROOM - AND HE’S IN A BIT OF A STINKER!
DREDD(JAG): GET THIS STRAIGHT, I MAY BE IN CHAINS BUT I’M STILL IN CHARGE! PUT ONE FOOT OUT OF LINE - ANY OF YOU - AND I’LL COME DOWN ON YOU SO HARD I’LL MAKE BAD MOTHER LOOK LIKE A PUSSYCAT!
ALAN(JAG): AHEM, UH, CORRECT ME IF I’M WRONG, BUT I DON’T THINK YOU HAVE JURISDICTION HERE.
3. Dredd grabs Alan’s nose between his fingers and twists it painfully, wearing a nasty expression. The others protest.
DREDD: CONSIDER THIS CORRECTION, SHORTY, ‘COS YOU’RE WAY WRONG! WHEREVER I AM, THAT’S MY JURISDICTION! GOT IT?
LOLLY: YOU BIG BULLY! LEAVE HIM ALONE!
4. I should have mentioned there’s a rockpile in the compound, behind the barracks etc, where they all break rocks. Except Joe, who’s lolling back on a rock taking it easy while the others work, looking daggers at him). This in a TV border again. Bad M stands overseeing them, whip in hand, on a platform or high point overlooking the rock pile - well out of Dredd’s reach. Guards all around.
CAPTION: DAY 32, 1.10 pm…
JAG: WHILE THE OTHERS TOIL ON THE ROCKPILE, JOE TAKES IT EASY.
CORAL: IT’S NOT FAIR! WHY DOESN’T BAD MOTHER MAKE HIM DO SOMETHING?
DREDD: BAD MOTHER KNOWS I WON’T PARTICIPATE IN AN ILLEGAL GAME SHOW!
5. Partial view, Dredd’s nasty face in fg, looking toward the others. They’re unhappy, Lolly tearful.
DREDD: WAY I SEE IT, YOU’VE ALL CO-OPERATED WITH BAD MOTHER - THAT MAKES YOU COMPLICIT IN THE CRIME! YOU’VE ALL MADE NOMINATIONS - THAT MAKES YOU PARTY TO MURDER!
LINK: I PROMISE YOU, IF WE EVER GET OUT OF THIS, I’M GOING TO LOCK YOU ALL AWAY FOR 20 YEARS!
LOLLY: I…I THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO SAVE US, BUT HE’S - sob - JUST HORRIBLE!
6. In the Chief Judge’s office she and the older judge watch as Dredd has tearful Lolly by the scruff of the neck, shouting into her face, terrifying her.
JAG: TEARS MIGHT WORK ON ALL YOUR PIMPLY FANS, POPHEAD, THEY DON’T DO A THING FOR ME! LAWBREAKERS LIKE YOU MAKE ME SICK!
JUDGE: HE’S IN A DIFFICULT SITUATION, I KNOW, CHIEF JUDGE, BUT WHAT KIND OF PICTURE IS THAT GIVING THE CITIZENS?
CJ: I’M SURPRISED AT DREDD - IT’S NOT LIKE HIM TO LOSE CONTROL.
7. Take this view with Bad Mother in fg. The other prisoners gather around tearful Lolly to comfort her. Dredd is looking at Bad M rather than them.
DREDD(TH): HATE TO BE SO ROUGH ON THEM, BUT I’VE GOT TO MAKE SURE I GET THAT NOMINATION.
1-5. A bank of five narrow pics across the page, all contestants (in the order of the dialogue) standing to attention in Bad Mother’s hut in front of Bad Mother (partially seen from behind, in close fg, spanning pics 2-4?). The final pic is Dredd, in chains, being restrained with difficulty by robot goons.
CAPTION: NOMINATIONS -
ALAN: THIS WEEK I’M NOMINATING JOE AND GIZZA.
CORAL: JOE…AND GIZZA.
LOLLY: UM, JOE, AND ALAN.
GIZZA: JOE AND, UH, GIZZA.
BAD M: YOU’RE GIZZA, FOOL! DO YOU REALLY WANT TO NOMINATE YOURSELF?
GIZZA: WELL, I’VE DOON IT NOW, LIKE, SO BETTER STICK WI’ IT.
DREDD: NO COMMENT!
6. Bad M in half-body close-up.
BAD M: JOE AND GIZZA GO FORWARD TO A VOTE OF THE VIEWERS!
PAGE 8 Contd…
7. Dredd has removed all the mattresses from the bunks - except his - leaving just the wire base. The mattresses are stacked behind his bed.
CAPTION: DAY 33, 10.51 pm…
JAG: JOE’S NOMINATION HASN’T IMPROVED HIS BEHAVIOUR. THE OTHER PERSONALITIES DISCOVER HE’S TAKEN THEIR MATTRESSES AWAY.
DREDD: YOU’RE CRIMINALS - YOU DESERVE NO COMFORTS! FROM NOW ON YOU DO WITHOUT!
LOLLY: THAT’S NOT FAIR! YOU’RE TREATING US WORSE THAN BAD MOTHER!
GIZZA: YOU DIRTY STINKIN’ RAT, GIVE ‘EM BACK!
8. Dredd grabs charging Gizza’s head and slams it into the wall behind him. His expression is sadistic.
DREDD(TH): CAN’T EASE UP ON THEM - FOR THEIR OWN GOOD!
9. The CJ watches. On screen Dredd rams Gizza’s head into the wall as above.
CJ(TH): I UNDERSTAND NOW! HE’S PLAYING ‘NASTY JOE’ TO PROTECT THEM! THIS WAY HE’S SURE TO BE CHOSEN - HE’LL BE THE ONE WHO HAS TO FACE BAD MOTHER!
10. A tv, the screen split to show two mugshots - DREDD and GIZZA - with the relevant numbers alongside each, although we don’t have to be able to read them. A slob with phone to ear and bucket of slopcorn watches the set.
JAG: IF YOU WANT JOE TO FIGHT BAD MOTHER IN MORTAL COMBAT, CALL MONGOLIA 020201.
JAG: IF YOU WANT GIZZA TO FIGHT BAD MOTHER IN MORTAL COMBAT, CALL MONGOLIA 020202.
SLOB: I’D’A VOTED FOR YA ANYWAYS, DREDDY, BUT YA REALLY GOT IT COMIN’ NOW!
1. The control room, where the Slicks preside. Their screens show a number of images, by their order giving us the progression.
CAPTION: THE RESULT OF THE VOTE WAS NO SURPRISE -
a) Bad Mother stands in mid-compound, facing barracks, whip in hand, calling.
JAG: BAD MOTHER AWAITS! SEND FORTH THE CONDEMNED!
b) Barrack door opens, Joe hobbles out (nobly), still in chains, watched by the fearful faces of the others from doorway in bg.
c) Looking past Bad M’s whip hand in fg towards Dredd, standing with chained arms held out.
JAG: YOUR VIEWERS EXPECT A FAIR FIGHT! REMOVE THE CHAINS, BAD MOTHER!
SLICK 1: OH, I DON’T THINK SO!
SLICK 2: FAR TOO RISKY!
2. A new shot on the screen in front of them, the view from the camp walls, bristling with mounted guns, robots manning them, keeping them directed on Dredd as he faces Bad M in the compound below. In fg Slick 2 raises a mike to his lips.
JAG: WHAT’S THE MATTER, IS BAD MOTHER AFRAID?
SLICK 2: THE VIEWERS EXPECT YOUR DEATH, NOTHING MORE!
3. Down in the compound BM’s whip lashes out - Cra-aaak! - whipping Dredd’s feet away.
BAD M: THE VIEWERS EXPECT YOUR DEATH, NOTHING MORE! THAT THEY SHALL HAVE!
4. Dredd rolls, thinking fast, as the whip catches him again - Cra-aaak! - lashing his body. As it strikes, he grabs hold of it.
DREDD(TH): FIGURED I’D AT LEAST GET THE CHAINS OFF! GOING TO HAVE TO DO IT THE HARD WAY -
5. Bad M yanks the whip - Dredd comes with it, holding on, flying through the air toward her.
DREDD(TH): - UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL!
6. Dredd hits Bad M, clamping himself over the head area and down the back. Bad M’s chainsaw arm comes sweeping back towards him. FX: vzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
BAD M: YOU CANNOT BEAT BAD MOTHER, HUMAN! DO NOT FORCE ME TO END YOUR LIFE TOO QUICKLY!
1. Dredd falls back off Bad M, pulling a big blaster out of one of Bad M’s holsters as he goes. The chainsaw narrowly misses him as he falls away and cuts right into Bad M’s back, with sparking and smoke and tearing of metal.
FX: vzzzzzKRRanggggg skreeeeee fzzzt
DREDD: YOU’RE NOT THAT GOOD, BAD MOTHER!
2. Dredd lands on his back and opens fire from prone, possibly using his chained feet to brace the barrel of the blaster as it pumps a devastating barrage into Bad Mother, blowing the head off.
FX: BDOW BDOW BDOW BDOW BDOW BDOW FAWAAAM VAROOOM franggg
DREDD: WHEN YOU COME DOWN TO IT, YOU’RE NOT EVEN THAT BAD!
LINK: YOU’RE ONLY A MACHINE! IT’S THE CREEPS BEHIND THIS SICK SHOW THAT HAVE TO ANSWER FOR IT!
3. Bad M goes spinning wildly out of control, unleashing MULTIPLE WEAPONS indiscriminately. She’s like a runaway battleship, firing everything - a rocket streaks for the camp walls - blaster blasts (from more than one blaster) rip into the barracks, blowing big holes in it - a ROCKET penetrates the barracks too, blowing up inside - a harpoon makes Dredd roll out of the way as other shots (from walls) rip holes in the compound close by.
FX: FAWAMM FUDDA FUDDA FUDDA FADOOOM RIPP shangggg shffffffff
4. The rocket strikes the wall, blowing away a big section of it and the robot gun position above it. Other blasts blow up another gun position. Show in bg blast holes in the dome roof, a little flame lapping on one. You might want to do this as a montage, with little shots of more extensive damage. It’s important here to suggest that the camp defences are being rapidly obliterated.
FX: shffffff VAROOOOOOOOOOOM
1. Dredd dive-rolls, firing as he hits ground, several blasts from the (awkwardly-held) blaster. He’s close to the wildly spinning Bad M - if possible show us another barrage from her streaking past over Dredd.
FX: BDOW BDOW BDOW BDOW FADAMMM VUDDAVUDDA Vzang!
DREDD: BLASTS HAVE BLOWN OPEN THE DOME! STRATO-CRUISER’D HAVE TO BE BLIND NOT TO PICK THAT UP!
2. Two gun positions - one on the wall, one on a watchtower - are blown to smithereens by Dredd’s blast.
FX: FADOOOM FAROOM
3. Dredd turns and with repeated blasts finishes the demolition job on Bad Mother.
FX: BDOW BDOW BDOW BDOW sKrangggg wammmm vzzzzzz
DREDD(TH): BAD MOTHER’S GONE CRITICAL! GOTTA FINISH HER OFF!
4. Through the largest of the holes in the dome a hovership is bursting. Insert an inset headshot of Dredd, turning, seeing it.
DREDD: DROKK! WHAT NOW?
5. It’s the justice dept hovership, which blows away a remaining watchtower and wall gun position.
DREDD(th): IT’S THE STRATO-CRUISER! THEY’RE MOPPING UP!
6. Bad Mother is just a smoking shell. The cruiser hovers low beside Dredd and remains of Bad Mother. A ramp has come down, Judges have come out, one of them using a laser cutter to cut through Dredd’s shackles.
JUDGE: YOU DID A JOB HERE, DREDD!
JUDGE: LET’S GET THE REST OF THE PRISONERS AND MOVE BEFORE THE MONGOLIANS SHOW UP.
1. The barracks are a burnt out shell. All four survivors are dead - in interesting ways, if possible - eg, one charred body pinned to wall with harpoon, another lying dead under the smouldering heap of mattresses etc. Dredd - shackles off - and other judges look on in dismay.
CAPTION: BUT -
DREDD: DROKK, CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE! ALL DEAD! I FAILED!
JUDGE: YOU DID YOUR BEST, DREDD, NO ONE CAN EXPECT ANY MORE.
2. Dredd glum, but the other judges offer solace.
JUDGE: YOU PUT AN END TO THE OBSCENITY OF BAD MOTHER - WHO’S TO SAY THE DEATH OF A FEW MINOR PERSONALITIES WASN’T A PRICE WORTH PAYING?
JUDGE: NOT ME, THAT’S FOR SURE.
JUDGE: GONNA HAVE TO DO A LITTLE WORK ON THE PR, THOUGH.
3. On their screens the Slick’s observe the strato-cruiser lifting off.
SLICK: THAT’S A WRAP.
SLICK 2: YOU SAID IT.
4. The rising Strato-cruiser fires a devastating laser blast that turns the dome into a fireball. You could view this from far distance, a Mongolian low-level hover patrol speeding toward the dome.
STRATO-BLN: CAUTERISE BAD MOTHER CAMP!
5. The Slicks are blazing skeletons still sitting in their seats amid the fireball.
6. On Dredd and judge in strato-cruiser. This would be best inset on bigger pic 5.
JUDGE: FUNNY, BAD MOTHER LIVED UP TO ITS PROMISE -- ONLY ONE SURVIVOR - YOU!